1. Are you willing to fight for liberty?
2. Do you understand and agree that you have certain God-given rights and that government's only legitimate function is to help you protect those rights?
3. Are you willing to risk your security in order to insure your liberty?
4. Do you accept the Declaration of Independence as our foundation for good government?
5. Are you willing to voluntarily support our military in causes that are under the Constitutional authority of the United States of America?
6. Are you willing to have hope in America, even when all looks lost?
7. Are you willing to pray for America?
8. Are you willing to accept the United States Constitution of 1787 as lawfully amended as the supreme law of the land?
9. Are you willing to understand and fight to preserve our natural, God-given rights?
10. Are you willing to pledge your allegiance to the United States of America?
After reading and making these commitments, I am more excited than ever to begin law school and start down the path of preparing myself to fulfill these commitments as well as I possibly can. On that note, Happy Independence Day! I'm so grateful for this wonderful, if imperfect, country that we live in. And I'm even more grateful that we have the ability to continue to work to make it better for all who live here.
(In fact you can see it yourself at the Crandall Printing Press -
This is the fun little cafe in Provo where we had lunch.
This is my immigrant picture. It was too hot to dress up in costumes. Besides, doesn't this totally look like me standing in New York?
Here we are standing in the middle of the star made of flags, as "True Americans!"
3 comments:
Di, I miss you. Sometimes you make me laugh so hard (your immigration picture)! That looks like a great place to spend Independence Day, I wish the patriotism in our country were still as strong. We should have all the Haitains and Cubans that are coming into Miami read and sign those commitments.
Wow. That sounds like a great day. I have been thinking about the opportunity I have to live in this free country as of late, and what a blessing it is. We have so much to be grateful for, thanks for the reminder.
I'm glad you had a fun 4th of July...very American. We also saw the fireworks and made it home in 30 minutes versus 2 hours! Keep enjoying your time before law school. Take care!
Post a Comment