Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What would it be like?

For the last couple of days, I have been enjoying my last few days of freedom before I begin Law School in exactly one week. Rod didn't work Monday, so we went up to the Monet to Picasso exhibit, which was really awesome. I'm thrilled anytime I have the opportunity to see original artwork from some of the great artists, especially Van Gogh. I cannot believe how much paint he used, and I can't imagine how long it must have taken to dry! You just can't see the brush strokes and depth in a textbook or catalogue. Go see it, if you get the chance! Then we went to the Gateway to wander for a while before meeting up with some friends for FHE and ice skating at the Peaks arena. It had been a while, but I didn't fall! Then we watched some of the Olympics, which was awesome. The swimming has been my favorite so far. Go Michael Phelps!

Then yesterday, I went fishing at Schofield with Dad, Mike and Danielle, for their birthdays. It was 39 degrees when we got there, and the steam coming off the water was absolutely beautiful. We only caught a few, but they were pretty big, and it was great to go one more time before school starts. Later Rod and I went back up to Salt Lake to pick up some things for Rod's New York trip today. I'm already planning some fun adventures for the rest of the week, and I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have no job, no school, no obligations to children or anyone else, and no money worries of course (because that ruins all of the fun). How much fun would it be to do only fun things all of the time? Well, I've got a week to figure it out. I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Angie said...

you enjoy your last week of freedom! I'm sure you will enjoy law school!

Casee said...

That's pretty much my life in a nutshell. And you know what? It is awesome!

Last week I finished summer semester and I don't start until the 27th, so basically that will be my life until then too. Let's get together.

I didn't know Rod was going to New York, how fun! What is he up to?

The Clark Family said...

I'm jealous of you right now, but in only a few months you will be jealous of me!! haha! Just kidding. But definitely enjoy your last week of freedom cuzz when school hits, it hits!

Linz said...

Good luck starting law school!! Jay is now thinking he might do that, so we may be in the same boat soon :)