I finished my last final this morning, bringing an end to my first year of law school! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. But overall it has been a wonderful year. I can't even begin to describe how much I have learned. I made wonderful friends who were anything but stereotypical cut-throat, competetive law students. I got a root canal and still managed to win the Moot Court Competition, all because of the help and support of my awesome friends from Professor Gerdy's class and other friends who were so kind to help me practice and nurse me back to health. (Ha ha. It wasn't THAT bad!) My mom made her acting debut as a bartender in the Trial Advocacy competition. I volunteered at the Annual International Law and Religion Symposium and got an invite to be on the executive committe next year. And now that school is over, I'll be doing an externship later this summer at Catholic Community Servies working with their Refugee Resettlement attorney. And on top of all of that my amazing husband is graduating next week, his parents are coming for a quick visit, we get to take a trip to Washington, and my brother gets to call on Mother's Day! I can't even believe how blessed I am. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Thanks to all of you for your love and support! And thanks for letting me brag! :-)
Oh, here are some pictures our friend, Kaela, took last week at the Provo Library. Check out her blog at http://kcusack.blogspot.com!




4 comments:
THANK you for finally updating! it's been too long....
My dear, I cannot congratulate you enough, what an accomplishment! You are an inspiration! Love the pics, you two are such a handsome couple. I miss you dearly, let's get together soon. And have fun in Washington, it will be beautiful this time of year (like it isn't always..)
3 things:
1-so glad you FINALLY posted something new
2-you guys look adorable! (Even Rod)
3-You are freaking amazing! I am so proud to call you my friend. It's nice to know I have a lawyer friend. :) And way to go post root canal! I was wondering how that would go, but I know you are a good talker so nothing can stop you.
congratulations, congratulations. to both of you--a big year!
Post a Comment