Saturday, May 16, 2009

Graduation and Washington State

Congratulations, babe!
After this joyous occasion, we decided to take a quick trip to Washington! We flew into Portland and stayed with our wonderful friends, the Andersons, across the Columbia river in Washougal.

Check out their gorgeous view!

On Sunday, we went to several wards to visit friends from Rod's mission. We had so much fun! And how cute is Poulsbo? (I think Rod was a little annoyed that I kept taking pictures.)



On Monday, we visited the University of Washington, where Rod sat in on some MBA classes. I spent a few hours wandering around the beautiful campus.

Yes, one of their many libraries is an old cathedral!

Then we explored Seattle and got caught in a rainstorm that seriously drenched us!

After pouring the water out of our shoes, we had a delicious seafood dinner.

We were so glad we got to visit the Hunzikers before we left!

We had such a great time! Thanks again to the Andersons and Kris and Tiffany for letting us stay with you!

8 comments:

Chris and Janell Sorensen said...

Oh my goodness, Di! you were right, that campus is beautiful. Congrats Rod on graduating!!!

The Clark Family said...

Congrats on graduation! Di, those pictures of the campus and that little town you were in so remind me of all our London pictures! Great memories!

Angie said...

How fun...feels like home! I am totally jealous but I guess I will be back in seattle/bainbridge soon. CONGRATS ROD! You are crazy amazing!

Casee said...

Congratulations Rod! It looks like you guys had a great trip, and Poulsbo is adorable... I love the northwest, I am so jealous!

Linz said...

YAY!! Congratulations on graduating, Rod! And congratulations Diana on making it through the first year of law school! We are going to be in Utah (hopefully) for a little bit in July. Hope to see you guys!

Taylor and Dean said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulouso time! See you soon!

Michelle said...

I don't know about you guys but visiting Washington makes me want to live there.

emily and logan said...

thanks, di! let's do something soon! you and girard let us know when you're available. our schedule is completely open, as you can imagine. haha!