I seriously cannot read one more page, so I'm taking a very quick break to tell everyone about the upcoming symposium that is making the next two weeks an absolute nightmare for me. :-) Actually, I am really excited about it. Last year I was asked to be on the executive committee for the International Law and Relgion Symposium. (Click here for more information.) We are hosting 72 delegates from 42 countries and are responsible for coordinating transportation, interpretation, meals, entertainment, etc. from October 1st through October 7th. The best part is that the whole event is an amazing missionary opportunity. We are able to take them to see Legacy, This Is The Place Heritage Park, Music and the Spoken Word, the Sunday morning session of General Conference, and a tour of the Humanitarian Aid Center. They will also get to see Living Legends, the International Folk Dance team, and to top it all off, we'll be having lunch on the last day with the First Presidency, Quorum of the 12 Apostles, and all of the Area Authorities from all of the delegates' countries! I am seriously so excited to be involved. I am trying to learn how to pronounce all of the delegates' names before the symposium begins, so if you speak Vietnamese, Khmer, Thai, Laotian, Indonesian, or Arabic, please call me! Oh, I'm also trying to write my Moot Court brief, which is due October 5th, right in the middle of the Symposium! Wish me luck!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
See you in a few weeks!
I seriously cannot read one more page, so I'm taking a very quick break to tell everyone about the upcoming symposium that is making the next two weeks an absolute nightmare for me. :-) Actually, I am really excited about it. Last year I was asked to be on the executive committee for the International Law and Relgion Symposium. (Click here for more information.) We are hosting 72 delegates from 42 countries and are responsible for coordinating transportation, interpretation, meals, entertainment, etc. from October 1st through October 7th. The best part is that the whole event is an amazing missionary opportunity. We are able to take them to see Legacy, This Is The Place Heritage Park, Music and the Spoken Word, the Sunday morning session of General Conference, and a tour of the Humanitarian Aid Center. They will also get to see Living Legends, the International Folk Dance team, and to top it all off, we'll be having lunch on the last day with the First Presidency, Quorum of the 12 Apostles, and all of the Area Authorities from all of the delegates' countries! I am seriously so excited to be involved. I am trying to learn how to pronounce all of the delegates' names before the symposium begins, so if you speak Vietnamese, Khmer, Thai, Laotian, Indonesian, or Arabic, please call me! Oh, I'm also trying to write my Moot Court brief, which is due October 5th, right in the middle of the Symposium! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sending lots of best wishes ur way! U r so fabulous, I know it will come together well. The committee is lucky to have you on it; what a great representative for BYU law school! anyways, hope all is well and that you are finding time to do all that u need to!
ps...r u still planning on the concert? because it seems that you have an awful lot on ur plate at the moment! :)
So I am actually a little jealous. Not so much of all you have to do, but what an awesome thing to be a part of! You are amazing and it's so cool you get to be a part of all of that. And to think I get to claim you as my friend. :)
You guys are the best! And yes, Taylor, the concert is still on! Even if I do have to drive home all night for oral arguments the next day! :-)
Di! So glad to hear that you are finally going to concerts during school and homework and everything else!! :) You've turned into the yellow and I've recruitted to being the color mom! I'm amazed at all you do and would love to hear how that symposium goes!! Lunch with all those amazing men? so lucky!
You are a busy bee and I wish you well!
Post a Comment