Friday, July 15, 2011

A much needed laugh!

A few weeks ago my friend, Alli, was telling me about this hilarious part of one of her lectures, and I just finally saw it and laughed until I cried. I so wish I could post this video for you to watch yourself, but the last thing I need is to be sued for copyright infringement, so I'll just describe it for you.

This was Douglas Moll's advice about studying for the bar exam:

If something comes up that you didn't study, just BS whatever you can, then say to yourself, "well, I'm going to bomb that one," and not freak out. That's fine. The entire state's going to bomb it with you. Right? This is where the curve kicks in. . . . Stay in control. Don't flip out. That's when you have trouble - is when you flip out. . . . This is how you take the bar exam. Remember you're the D+ student now. Think of it this way. What does the D+ student do when the D+ student sees something that they didn't study and have never seen before? There's no panic. The D+ student says, "I'm home. This is where I live. In a world of confusion and ignorance. But I've been here before. And I'm not scared." Okay, that seriously needs to be you.

Ha ha! That's comforting. Here's to being a D+ student!

3 comments:

AlliSMiles said...

yes! all i want is to be a D+ student! D+ students PASS!

Casee said...

That is great advice! And no way are you a D+ student, but if that's what you need to tell yourself, go for it!

Taylor and Dean said...

hahaha this is awesome! :) Good luck you really are on the home stretch! You're going to be fabulous and then afterwards we can partay! :) Hang in there!