Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Terremoto

A picture my brother took a few months ago of Coronel, Chile before the earthquake and tsunami.

After.



In answer to many prayers, my brother and the other missionaries are all okay. He emailed yesterday to let us know they would not have power for 4 days and no water for 2 days. They are living at the church in Temuco, we think. And they filled all the baptismal fonts for drinking water. Please pray for them and the people of Chile.


10 comments:

Laura said...

Even though I'm sure things are so crazy right now for your brother, I'm happy he's ok. He and many others are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Carolyne said...

My cousin is in the Concepcion mission, and she has been evacuated from her apartment because of looting. Luckily, her apartment wasn't touched by the quake. It's pretty scary, but thankfully, so many people have survived.

I'm so glad your brother and the other missionaries are fine.

emily and logan said...

those pictures are incredible. so glad he is okay!!

Chelsea said...

when i heard about the earthquake my first thought was all of the missionaries there. im glad your brother (and all the missionaries) are okay.

Casee said...

I am so glad that he is OK, what a relief. My thoughts and prayers are with him and all the missionaries in Chile and around the world.

Natasha said...

Those pictures are pretty incredible! I'm glad they have been able to stay safe and I pray that continues.

The Clark Family said...

I forgot that he was in Chile. So glad to hear that he is okay! What a scary thing for you and your family.

Misses Barlow said...

so glad he's okay :)

Angie said...

scary! But on a positive note...what an opportunity for mission work!

Jana Clegg said...

So glad to here he's doing good and is okay from the earthquake. Take care.