While many of you prepare for General Conference, I'll be working away on this amazing event! BYU Law School is hosting The Seventeenth Annual International Law and Religion Symposium. We bring in political, academic, and religious leaders from all over the world to discuss ways to promote religious freedom. We currently have 60 delegates from 39 countries coming. In addition to the academic conference, we take them to Music and the Spoken Word, the Sunday Morning Session of General Conference, and the Church Humanitarian Center followed by lunch with many of the General Authorities of the Church. I am really looking forward to participating again this year. I met so many wonderful people last year, and I'm excited to meet many more this year. Check out the list of delegates and schedule of events here.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
It's that time of year again!
While many of you prepare for General Conference, I'll be working away on this amazing event! BYU Law School is hosting The Seventeenth Annual International Law and Religion Symposium. We bring in political, academic, and religious leaders from all over the world to discuss ways to promote religious freedom. We currently have 60 delegates from 39 countries coming. In addition to the academic conference, we take them to Music and the Spoken Word, the Sunday Morning Session of General Conference, and the Church Humanitarian Center followed by lunch with many of the General Authorities of the Church. I am really looking forward to participating again this year. I met so many wonderful people last year, and I'm excited to meet many more this year. Check out the list of delegates and schedule of events here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well done lady! That sounds like a worthwhile event and I'm glad you're a part of it. Hope it goes well!
That's exciting. I know how much you enjoyed it last year. I can't wait to hear stories of your experience this year.
Diana--that is awesome! What a great opportunity and important cause. Please please post how it goes! Is this open to the public?
I just saw a thing about last year's symposium in Deseret Book and was thinking of you! How fortunate that you get to participate in such a neat event. You are outstanding and should be so proud of yourself-I bet a ton of work goes into getting everything ready. Yay for you!
ps- master schedule(r)- I like the sound of that! :)
I think it is so exciting that you get to participate in something so awesome! BTW so I was looking at the profiles and next to yours is Chase Gunnell. So maybe Janell already told you, but our 4th in high school (Janell, Tanya, Dayna and me) anyway, he's Dayna's brother. CRAZY!!! Guess it's a small world. :) Love ya!
pps- we hope you are alive, well, not snowed in and looking forward to your second to last set of finals being OVER!!! :) Thinking of you during this busy time!! You can do it!
Post a Comment