Sunday, January 02, 2011

Lovely Start to 2011

Um . . . I broke my ankle today. In three places. And I'm having surgery tomorrow. I'll be on crutches for 6 weeks. I have to wear a backpack and flats (ugh). And the worst part is that I wasn't even doing anything cool. I was walking into my house after church and slipped on the ice in my high-heeled boots. The surgeon said it's just a freak accident. The funny part is that I immediately rolled over and straightened my leg before yelling over and over "I just broke my leg! I just broke my leg!" Then I called Rod to come outside and rescue me. I guess that's what I get for telling everyone I needed one more week before going back to school. At least I have insurance and a wonderful husband and family to take care of me. And I'll have some time to really think of some good New Year's resolutions. Happy New Year!

P.S. The picture is just a stock photo, not my actual x-rays.


11 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Oh dear me. May you have a speedy and restful recovery. I have total confidence you have some darling flats to sport in the mean time.

Kendra said...

Oh Diana, that's so awful. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

lisa said...

Oh! So sorry. Crutches on ice are no fun. Though I did have to laugh at the flats comment :) Happy recovery!

Natasha said...

Oh no!! That's so aweful. You poor thing. I hope the surgery goes well and that you have a fast recovery.

Linz said...

No!!! I'm so sorry! I hope you heal quickly! Poor thing!

The Clark Family said...

Holy cow you crazy girl! So sorry to hear about the fracture, I just assumed you sprained bad from your facebook note. Get better soon! Sounds like it's been a crazy New Year for you so far.

Misses Barlow said...

that is too funny... i mean now it is right? we can laugh now? hope you heal quickly! and it's okay that you have to wear flats! you're adorable at any height!

C and K said...

So sorry Diana!!!! Let me know if you need anything and all the more reason to buy some new heels in 6 weeks! :)

Laura said...

That is so crazy! Ice and heels definitely don't mix. Accidents waiting to happen every time you step outside. Time to move somewhere warmer!

Casee said...

Oh my. I am sorry I am just checking your blog. I hope the surgery went well, and things are healing perfectly. Give me a call when you get some time.

Kandas said...

Oh no!! That is no good! Hope all goes well and that you aren't down for too long. We both know that wouldn't work so well with how busy of a person you are. You aren't one to stay down!