Friday, January 14, 2011

The Real Deal

Here's my actual X-ray. A metal plate and 10 screws. Can you believe it? And thanks for all your well-wishes!

A funny anesthesia story. As I was coming out of anesthesia, my mom mentioned that there was no way any of my pants would fit over my enormous cast and that I might have to wear sweats to school. I said that there was no way I would wear sweats to school. So my mom told me not to worry because she would go to Nordstrom's and get me some really cute ones. I looked at her and said with complete seriousness, "Mom, I can NOT show up to Feminist Legal Theory wearing Juicy on my a$$." We had a good laugh about that one!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

OUCH!! So sorry about your ankle. I love the coming out of surgery story, I've been known to say worse when I'm coming out of it.
I'm sure you will be back in heels in no time!!

Linz said...

I knew I had good reason to like you :) I'm glad you have such a great sense of humor even when you just had surgery. Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

kimi + joe said...

Haha, so glad you shared your story. May you have a quick recovery no matter what you're wearing or what is on your bum :)

Also, that X-ray looks awful. I cannot imagine all that damage came from walking.

Kaela Cusack said...

You are so refreshing :) Hope you are feeling better!

Kendra said...

Oh Diana, how I love you. You are so totally hilarious. And by the way...holy cow! That ankle is intense!

Taylor and Dean said...

hahaha you are awesome! Love it and you! feel better soon!

Summer said...

Oh MY GOSH!!! K, in my mind I saw those screws being a little smaller. :$

danniey said...

HOLY COW, Diana! I cannot believe that X-ray. I hope that you are doing okay. If you are ever homebound, let us know. Calvin and I will come hang out with you and cheer you up. Also, I loved that anesthesia story!

Casee said...

That's hilarious! Maybe you should try it though, just to get some reactions. Glad things are healing up nicely, I hope you are feeling better.