WARNING!
DO NOT SCROLL DOWN
UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE SOME
GRAPHIC PICTURES OF MY ANKLE!
I shouldn't even post these, but this is as much of a journal as I keep these days, so here goes. I'm sorry if you're squeamish. But I warned you. First of all, I must say that having my cast cut off was the strangest sensation ever. I couldn't stop laughing because it tickled. Then when we saw my leg, my mom and I both got the giggles. Then I got light-headed and had to lie down. But I kept giggling when they removed the staples, which I guess is better than crying, right? The nurse said that the scarring shouldn't be too bad, but I don't see how that is possible. We'll see, I guess.

My new brace, which is unfortunately bigger than the cast was.




On a happier note, my mom took me shopping afterwards and I got some really cute new flats! I tried to buy just one shoe each for half the price, but apparently it doesn't work like that! :-)
10 comments:
You poor poor dear! I'm so sorry that this happened. I absolutely love that you have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Please let me know if I can help you with anything! You can even just hit a broomstick on the ceiling and I'll get the message to come down :) Phone calls and text messages will work too!
I had no idea it was that intense! I'm so sorry! That's such a crazy thing to have happen. I hope you get better soon. Flats aren't too bad. They have some cute ones. You'll be back to heels in no time. Love the sweat pants story, too. And I liked seeing the pictures. Now you might beep in metal detectors.
Diana! This is so much worse than I imagined--you are crazy tough to be laughing through it all. Get better quick!
So my only question is how do your toenails look so nicely polished...no way they made it through surgery looking like that. :) I hope you are starting to feel better!
oh my gosh!! You poor baby! It doesn't even look like your leg except that you have a cute pedicure! I'm soo sorry friend! What a trooper you are!
Ew, ew, ew - I should have heeded your warning!
May you have a speedy recovery and in the meantime enjoy your flats!
There are some great flats out there!! Hope you are feeling better and starting to be pain free with less swelling!
oh my goodness, diana!! that looks horrible!! WAY worse than my wimpy broken pinky toe. :) and you should have heard the weeping and waling when that happened. you are TOUGH!
wow. just wow. i can totally see you laughing through all of that. you're so cute.
Oh my! That looks awful. I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment