Monday, January 24, 2011
Gratitude
I'm still so behind on my homework, but I was just thinking about all of the things I am grateful for and thought I should probably write them down while I'm in a grateful mood. This little injury has really taken some getting used to, but it has given me the opportunity to think about what wonderful people I have in my life. I'm soooo grateful for Rod, who keeps me laughing, patiently carries stuff around the apartment for me, drives me everywhere, and won't let me be too hard on myself. Words cannot express how grateful I am for my mom, who took care of me night and day the week of my surgery and still drives to Provo at random times to feed me, give me a ride, or just make sure I'm doing okay. Seriously, what would we do without mothers? My dad has been great, too. I especially appreciate his willingness to help give priesthood blessings and pick me up at random times during the day. My sister, Jen, keeps me smiling and even gave my poor little sausage toes a pedicure. My other siblings and in-laws have all been great to call and check on me regularly. My cute grandmas have kept us well-fed. My Relief Society sisters brought a week's worth of delicious meals, which was such a relief when that was the last thing I wanted to think about. My amazing friend, Summer, showed up with a mint chocolate shake one night after a particularly rough day and stayed until midnight visiting and laughing when I really needed it. My darling friend, Alli, left her brand new baby to come down and visit me on a boring Saturday afternoon, again with a delicious treat! Countless friends, co-workers, classmates, professors, family members, ward members, and neighbors have called, text messaged, commented, emailed their well-wishes and offered all kinds of assistance. I really have felt a huge outpouring of love and support. On top of all of that, I'm grateful for modern medicine (including powerful pain medications), handicapped parking passes, elevators, cute flat shoes, the internet, and technology that has made getting caught up in school a whole lot easier. Overall, I just feel really blessed that things have worked out the way they have. I guess, in a way, this injury has put a lot of things in perspective for me. And despite the fact that I hate being so dependent on others, I'm so grateful I have so many people to depend on. Chances are, if you're reading this, you're one of those people. So thank you. Seriously, thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And Diana this is why you should be sainted. No one else I know would be making a post like this in the midst of everything you're dealing with. You are a gem. How lucky we all are to know you! feel better soon.
Yes she should be sainted. No question. Funny you should mention me.....cause you've still done more to serve me, all handicapped and gimped, this past month than I have ever come close to doing for you! Seriously, I may never want to give up having you send my petitions to heaven for me. :) Haha. You are the best Di. Hands down.
Did you by chance get a knee walker?? Josh just had another ankle surgery and instead of crutches is on a knee walker which has been so great. I thought about you and hoped you had one for getting around school and such. Although I suck at calling and keeping in touch, I think of you often and still consider you a dear friend of mine. I'll never forget how you helped me through the years of Josh. :) love ya!
Post a Comment