Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

I'm really looking forward to 2010! This year I'll finish two of my last three semesters of law school. I'm hoping for a really amazing externship opportunity for the summer. I get to participate in the International Law and Religion Symposium again. My brother will be returning from a mission in Chile. Rod will be applying to MBA school. We'll be figuring out where we want to live for the next few years. And I'm already dreaming about the amazing vacation we're going to be taking sometime in 2010. While 2009 wasn't too bad for us personally, I think the world as a whole is ready for a clean slate and a new beginning. One of my resolutions is to look for the silver lining in the stormy economic and political clouds around us and also to find ways to lift others both temporally and spiritually. In that spirit of optimism, here's to hoping that 2010 will be a year of peace and (relative) prosperity for our brothers and sisters around the world!

4 comments:

Taylor and Dean said...

:) Woo! I know you two have great things ahead of you- we're excited for all of your new adventures. Happy New Year and thanks for this lovely post-the perfect way to start 2010!

kimi + joe said...

Happy New Year to you! I agree with you on the clean slate thing - it feels good.

Casee said...

Wow, it sounds like it is going to be a busy year! I can't believe Michael will be back this year... how exciting! And I must also add that I can't imagine you two moving away, what will I do without you? But I guess it is time for some new adventures, right?

Adam and Hilary said...

Hi Diana! I found your blog. I love it. Now I can get updated on what your up to. You can check ours out at adamandhilary.blogspot.com. Happy New Year! Hope your your amazing vaca is to see us. ;)